A R T H U R A R C H I T E C T S
SPORTS & LEISURE
OFFICES & RETAIL
Arthur Architects recognise the long term environmental impact of our designs. We are committed to exercising our professional skills in such a way as to minimise environmental impact in so far as this is possible within the instructions received from our clients.
We encourage a sustainable approach to projects and have experience of working on many projects of this type to reduce the carbon footprint.
We are committed to :
• raise the awareness of clients about sustainability and environmental protection, and help the members of the design team to develop a shared vision of environmental aspirations.
• assess sites for their ecological value and microclimate, and ensure buildings make best use of the natural features of the site including sun, wind and landscape
• ascertain the potential for local power generation from renewable energy sources locally or on site
• ensure that biodiversity is protected or enhanced
• make best use of orientation and shape to reduce the need for artificial forms of conditioning
• operate a ‘right-first-time’ culture for our production information in order to avoid wasteful site reworking
• minimise the use of construction materials, and specify materials and components with the optimum balance between environmental impact and performance in use
• ensure that building services are inherently efficient and controllable, and that metering encourages monitoring and management of resource use
• ensure that buildings are commissioned fully before handover, and that full operating manuals are provided